What is a gap filler ?
The gap filler, which has been developed by BIGORRE ingénierie for the Paris Public Transport Authority (RATP), does away with dangerous gaps and allows access to mass transport for People with Special Needs. Bigorre Ingénierie is a manufacturer of gap filler.
It is independent, and rated at Safety Integrity Level 3.No extra safety equipment needs to be installed.
With adjustable shape and parameters, it automatically adapts to any rolling stock, even on a curved platform.
Functionality of gap filler are :
- Its travel lock means there is no dangerous gap (SIL3)
- Extra extension for ease of access automatically adapts to rolling stock
- Withdrawn position locking (SIL3)
- Adjustable movement parameters : distance, speed, acceleration
- Detection of obstacles while extending
- Mobile structure designed to crumple under lateral collision
- Geometry can be adapted to platform curve
- Self-bearing structure built into platform
- Non-slip surface
- Ergonomically adapted to People with Special Needs
- Built-in audio alarm system
- Remote control panel (SIL3)
- Input for automatic control